Our social:

Monday 22 August 2016

6 SONGS YOU SHOULD BE BUMPING TO. (KamerRocks Review)

There are tons of songs released daily on the Internet, and it's getting harder to sieve through all the noise and get just the songs you will love. So I took some time off and was snooping through the Internet and came up with some interesting discoveries. Some are well known, others are starters, and some are not even established artists yet.. But all in all, they have good quality music.
First off, I have:

  • NJOUME : Taking after his father (the legendary Cameroonian Disque d'Or musician and gutarist Njoume Maurice), Njoume steps into the music scene with "Small Mami " after doing backups for many artist as far back as 2012 before being identified and signed by Tchac-kap System earlier this year. This one's for the ladies.


Next on my list is
  • ELENA SERNA - Beat-maker, R&B, Soul Singer, Actress (Yada yada) Cameroon/Italian Elena Serna has this original soul vibe around her but always finds a way to fuse it with franc-anglais. Dunno how to put it.. It's like listening to Lauren Hill sing in pidgin (I'd call that Mboko Soul). Her song Chanter Ma Chose best illustrates my point. I'll shut up now and let her beautiful music talk. 


Then I have
  • BLANCHE BAILLY. Stumbled upon her video cover of Locko's Sawa Romance and absolutely loved what she did with it. She gave an R&B/dance hall twist to the track. And by the way, Kam We Stay, her second official single's video is trending. #FearSexy


  • SIGHAN is definitely my next stop. When I listened to Ababan, produced by Phillbill beats, the Tchac-kap System artist (who is also an actress c/o Ruphina's House) actually shocked me with her lyrics. For those who know her as an actress, get redy to be wowed by her voice.


OOOOOh and there's
  • RENISS. Dashiki  is a ballad like no other. I've been humming the "...something about you..." tune ever since i listened to the song. Then there's the video!! Tatapong & Ndukong did an amazing job on it. What's not to love about the song. Too bad it's not getting as much attention as La Sauce.   

 And then I have
  • STANNIS 'Le Dragon': I was beginning to wonder what had become of him since his split with Smarty, well I guess i just had my answer. Les Faux Weh is an Afro-trap song that's sung in both english-pidgin and french. When he finished the audio he was like "What do i need to kill this track eh?" Then he called Dr. Nkeng to do the video. The outcome na for #fear. I think this song needs more exposure than it is already getting.

This is a non-exhaustive list of my songs of the moment. I just think these songs need more exposure than they are already getting.
If you have any other song that you think should have been on the list, abeg write am for comment section and we go gerer #MrLeo .

This is Kamer...Rock'On!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment