Our social:

Thursday 28 May 2015

Album Review | Jovi _ MBOKO GOD

Okay, so I recently got Jovi's much anticipated album, MBOKO GOD. and I have been listening to it on loop...well so i can say what i think about it.
A friend of mine's first impression was "...the album is too personal-he talks mostly about himself and...". That's kinda true, but what do you expect from Jovi when the title of his album is Mboko God?


What strikes me the most is the fact that he now flows in his dialect (Top Level 1:19 to 1:35) (Limbum, spoken by the people of Ndu & Nkambe in the Donga-Mantung Division NW region). People were a little worried he didn't want to identify himself with his homeland but that doubt is now cleared. Personally, I'm never getting used to hearing him flow in Limbum (he laughs), even though the Top Level track is my favourite after Mboko God - Positioning (Ft. Reniss, Shey & Tilla).
Well, my rating is Very Good! And i'll add if u nova buy ya own copy, then go buy'am na na so!
This is Kamer and we Rock.

0 comments:

Post a Comment